I found the blog "Thoughts of a Fluttering Mama" and loved her LIVING NOW GAME! (it was posted quite a while ago so not sure if there was a plan for a Day 5)
So…I thought I’d share my thoughts here on the days she has done so far. I am not going to write a ton of thoughts…just a few that come to mind!
"If I knew for certain that I had 50 years to live…"
"Things I would like to do in that time (in no particular order of doing or importance)"
* Adopt a baby (or more than one!)
* Pray that my children HAVE children and then be the best Grandmother ever!
* Pray that my husband would ALSO live 50 more years!
* Start a newsletter / magazine (Christian Family type magazine like Above Rubies & No Greater Joy)
* Knit & sew like crazy to outfit my kids and others!
* Continue to change my lifestyle to make it more natural!
* Learn about & start a HUGE organic garden! Maybe a greenhouse!
(Oh my… I could just keep on going!! No wonder she goes day by day!!!!)
OK…onto Day #2…
"What would I consider important if I knew I only had 25 years to live?"
* Install in my children the importance of faith & a personal walk with Jesus Christ, living and trusting in God’s word & serving the Lord daily!
* Be thankful that since I am 38… dying in 25 years wouldn’t be THAT bad…haha
* Love and soak up all of those around me and the wonderful blessings from God and smile through all circumstances!
* Make sure my husband and I got our finances in awesome order for security for our children!
OK… onto Day #3…
"What would I consider important if I knew I only had 10 years to live?"
(oooh…scary thought, isn’t it??)
* All of the above… but FASTER!!!
* And the part about loving up those around me… I would do it with loads of passion!!!
* Teach my kids all the little things that I love to do and prepare them for life without me!!!
(uh oh…I am scared to see Day 4)
(taking a big swallow in fear knowing what the question must be…)
"What would you want to make sure you did before dying if you knew you would die in 5 years time? Be specific."
* I would tell my family how much I love them daily.
* I wouldn’t stress over the small stuff.
* I would finish the children’s journals and make sure to write them each a super long love letter from me.
* I would make sure my relationship with the Lord was on track and would await the day I get to see Him!!
* I would NOT stress over homeschooling and being perfect and making sure I do everything just so darn right that no one is upset at me!!!
* I would dramatically change our daily lifestyle to just be WAY more focused on our walk with the Lord, training, reading more, praying more together, cuddling more, etc.
Now…if there is a Day #5 I think I am going to have to leave that for a whole ‘nother post… because these first 4 days have really gotten me thinking. I know that I will be reflecting on this forever now. I get the point, do you????